The New York Stem Cell Foundation has announced the 2013 RFA for Innovator Awards for Early Career Investigators in Translational Stem Cell Research, and for the first time, is open to researchers at accredited academic institutions from throughout the world (subject to eligibility). The goal of these awards is to support the best young researchers working on bold and innovative projects with the potential to transform the field of stem cell research and advance understanding and use of stem cells for the treatment of human disease.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 22, 2013
Application Materials: www.nyscf.org/stemcell
Funding Period and Award Amount: The award provides $1.5M (payable over 5 years) to outstanding young researchers.
Applicant, Project and Geographic Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates must:
• Have completed one or more of the following degrees: MD, PhD, DPhil
• Be within 5 years of starting a faculty (professorship) or comparable position at the start of the award (January 1, 2014)
• Have demonstrated ability to independently supervise staff and research
• Have a publication record containing articles that are innovative and high impact
• Have demonstrated or strategized true innovation for translation of basic sciences to a clinical setting
Please direct any questions to:
Kristin A. Smith
Manager, Scientific Programs
The New York Stem Cell Foundation